Freelance Writer and Photographer
Martin has a passion for knowledge, ideas and intellectual pursuit that gives him an impressive ability to assimilate and understand new and complex knowledge and ideas. As a result he is able to engage with specialists and academics as an intellectual equal. He can make connections and present that knowledge with an enthusiasm and clarity that also makes him an enthusiastic and inspiring writer, teacher, mentor and speaker.
- 1972-to date, Writer and Photographer, Journalist
- 2015-16, Relaunched career as a freelance journalist, both photography and writing
- since 2008, Writing for the web. More than 300 articles for web sites on travel, books, food, business, photography and more. Also articles and photographs foir various magazines and major newspapers.
- 1976-2013, Business Change Programme Director and IT Director, Management Consultant
- Martin started off as a programmer in 1976 and quickly developed into technical trouble shooting roles on major projects. He soon became increasingly involved with project and programme management. Martin had spells working in Amsterdam and for a global Finnnish company, Telia Sonera. By the latter stages of his IT career he was working as Director of major organisations (Police IT Organisation) or as Programme Director for huge (typically £200-400million) government projects.
- 1997 Book: Creating and Developing a Consultancy Practice, Oak Tree Press
- 1996 Book: The Information Edge, IMgt/Pitman (later Pearson)
- 1995 Book: Choosing and Using Consultants, Imgt/Pitman (later Pearson)
- 1994 Columnist: Your Business (monthly)
- 1972-1976 Freelance Sports Photographer and Writer
Martin writes on a wide range of subjects and can also illustrate his articles with his own photography and illustration.
- Food and Drink
- Travel and motorhoming
- Cars, Classic Cars and Motoring
- Entrepreneurism and Small Business
- Self-improvement, lifestyle coaching
- Technology & Popular Science
- Business and Management
Martin started out as a full-time sports photographer and writer. After a long and successful career in IT and management consultancy he has now returned full time to journalism, both writing and photography. He continue his editorial stock photography to support his writing but his output is increasingly wide ranging, focussing on his diverse interests including photography, business, motoring and travel (especially by motorhome).
(including words & pictures)
Articles and Reports
Education & Professional Memberships
BA (Hons), Mathematics, Physics, Open University
Member, National Union of Journalists
Member, Society of Authors
Licentiate, Royal Photographic Society (LRPS)